scarecrow poetics/essays

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

 

Second skins...

Gangs can confront me
Dogs can bare teeth and drool from their gums
Cannibals can surround me beating their drums
But I am instilled with a power from above
Because I feel indestructible in my black leather gloves

My hands that are medium
Morph to a size large
I can make holes in buildings
I can sink a floating barge
I tip my hat to the powers residing above
Who sent me magical black leather gloves

I can go where I want
Leaving no prints to the law
I can take all your jewellery
From your chest of drawers
I can only be seen by the powers from above
Who bequeathed me the power of the black leather gloves

I can run my fine fingers
O’er contours on your body
I can make you arch with just the one touch
I’ll never blush as I lift up your dress
Just take gasping credit from you for my caress
I scream out thank-you to the powers above
Who blessed me Don Juan in my black leather gloves

So what do I do when I turn off the light
Do I hang up my second skins
Or keep them on through the night
Well as you don’t know me
And you cant see my slumbering frame
You should ask all questions to my friends from above
Who blessed me with my wondrous black leather gloves !

Stephen Monaghan 2005.

Archives

March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   March 2007   September 2007   October 2007  

scarecrow home...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BritLitBlogs.com