scarecrow poetics/essays

Saturday, August 06, 2005

 

'It's like what Neil said ....'

The absolute helpless sense of love I want to keep
As she lies in pain between awakening and sleep
Facially unaware, and not trying to appear concerned
The lessons oh the lessons that I have learned
How to feel as a part of something that I desire
I focus on technology yet always a glance to protect
Something that I have been able to connect
Funny how when the least of my expectations
Come along and make me ignore the plight of nations
And make me forget that I ever had a friend
But I don¹t want to be forgiven
As I know this will go on until the end
The light that will come in 8 hours time
Will shine on the resplendent beauty divine
But ownership is not mine, it’s an agreement that suits
As I reminisce about nerds in black moon boots
And there it is again the feeling of protecting
That resurrects my will to advocate respect and take direction
The signs in my head that point me here there and everywhere
Confuse a man that's easily scared, but wants not to run
He wants to stay and he craves the invitation
To belong and experience the hitherto denied sensation
It seems that a chance has been given
And previous mistakes have been forgiven
It’s not so hard as to find your soul
Residing in the head of the one that makes you whole
So I look above with no religious attachment
And ask someone that this may have commitment
Something that requires no effort nor pain
As I don't want to be hurt again
It’s as simple as that and as simple as this that the feeling I crave
Can be given with a kiss
And a look from the eyes
That are the only ones that I care to stare at
And don't worry my dear I can see the discomfort as you embrace the slumber
But I’ll carry the weight like a woodsman carries his lumber
And when the light shines through in the morning I'll be smiling as I am yawning
Thank-you for the smile that does not fake nor takes effort break
As the fact remains if I did not have my vision of you
Then I fear my heart would break

Stephen Monaghan © 2005.

Archives

March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   March 2007   September 2007   October 2007  

scarecrow home...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BritLitBlogs.com