scarecrow poetics/essays

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Some Poems...

THESE CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

The woman with the parted lips
She never says a word

Thinking. What are you? Thinking.
Are you?
Thinking…
Think!

Shhh… If you have ears …. Shhhh

All the world for your collar bone…
All the world for your tongue between my teeth…
All the world for your whispering hair…
Here and there and everywhere

Sing me a song
A song of the sea.

Shhhh!


He doesn’t want surrendered secrets.
He doesn’t want to see
See
Saw
So
Sieve
Give
In
Give up
I think it’s time

to

Plaster up her pumping heart
A brief respite from blood

“I am swimming in your skin…”

Plaster up his pumping heart
Let’s never talk of love…

Lick lick lick

Come on kick
Me against it!
I don’t care if you KILL ME
Find me
Kiss me
Hold me
Thrill me….

Thrill me hold me kiss me kill me

Huh
Huh
Huh
Ah
Ah
A
A
A
a!

Uhhhhh…..


What do you do with a drunken sailor!
What do you do with a drunken sailor!

They lie.

Oh well
Okay
Whatever
Never
Mind
Okay okay
We sing the ancient rhyme…

All the world for your eyelash!
All the world for your moustache!


In love she sails
“Oh well!”
She wails.
He drinks his weight.
What else can you do with drunken sailors?


Wobbly. Wobbly. Wobbb b b b b …


You don’t need to explain yourself to me
Just lie
I do
Don’t you?

I do.


Don’t
Think we don’t understand
He saw your shadow turning past
The lights, they run
And now she falls
Beneath the rising sun



WINDING

We can only grasp the air for so long
Before it blows itself away
Breaths its last and
Once again
Is past.

My spirit shattered with love
Can’t you stoop
To pick up the pieces.
Just this once?

I’ll be ok
I’ll be fine
Just stay too close
For me to unwind…



BLISS

Oh bliss
It hurts
This biting bit!
Oh bliss



REGRET 2006 (?)

I would not would would would
No
Not
Would not would
Not
Would
Would
Would
Not not not not not
Would not
Have it
Any other way
Any other way
Any any any any
Other ways
Way ways way


THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING

THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING
THE SHOCK
THAT SOMETHING QUICK AND HEAVY MAY SILENCE MY BREATH
AND SEVERE A THOUGHT THAT IS ON ITS WAY TO COLIDE WITH ANOTHER THOUGHT….

Cecilia Condon © 2006.


Cecilia Condon likes to make things. Things like songs and characters and words stuck to other words. She makes these things when finds bits of extra time in her hectic schedule of learning about arty stuff and serving champagne and canapés to the corporatos of Melbourne (who kindly share their city with her). Usually there isn’t much time, and this is why she has never published much or been in any blockbuster movies. But watch out, because she is currently working on her second first novel…

Archives

March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   March 2007   September 2007   October 2007  

scarecrow home...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

BritLitBlogs.com